Game Launcher is a very useful feature that is aimed at improving the gaming experience in mobile devices. Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are packed up with this feature but the unfortunate thing is, this Game Launcher is not available on any other Samsung device, so in order to taste the feature, users need to have a brand new Samsung device. However, before jumping into how to set up and use Game Launcher, it is important to know, what actually Game Launcher is.
See also: Samsung Galaxy S7 charging slowly on fast wireless charger How to fix it
What is Game Launcher?
This is a set of tools through which you can customize that how your device will response in certain conditions such as when a call come to you or accidentally you touch the back button of your Galaxy S7. This feature is used to disable all the alerts during the game to ensure you will not be disturbed. Also, the back and recent button can be locked so that in case you accidentally hit those buttons, nothing will happen to your games. Game Launcher allows you to take the screenshot while you can also record gameplay. This feature again let its users save a great amount of battery as well by reducing the resolution and frame rate, even though you might not compromise with the screen and game look while playing.
How to set up Game Launcher
The process to set up Game Launcher is too simple that require you to go to the settings and make changes. Here is step by step process to set it up on the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S7 device.
- First, pull down the Home screen which will bring the notification
- Next, tap on the settings icon located at the top right corner
- Now scroll down to get the advanced settings option and there you need to tap on Advanced settings.
- Go to Games > Game Launcher and tap on that option to activate it.
- Game Launcher will be now added to the app screen and also on the home screen of your device.
- The feature is now activated. Go to the apps screen then and tap on Game Launcher. There you need to go through all the terms and conditions and then press ‘start’. That’s it. You have successfully set up the Game Launcher feature on your Samsung S7 device. All the games you download will appear in the Game Launcher option.
How to use Game Launcher?
Once you have successfully set up and activated Game Launcher, next comes how to use it to take the mobile gaming experience to the next level.
To start using the tool, tap on Game Launcher and it will display all the games you have installed from Galaxy apps and Google play store. Scroll down and at the bottom of the page, it will bring three options: saving power during game, No alerts during game and Game tools.
Saving power during game: This option will allow you to save some extra juice by reducing the resolution and frame rate. If you do not care much about the game look, this option can be helpful for you.
No alerts during game: If you toggle on this option, it will hide all the alerts during the game and you will be able to see only the incoming calls on the screen.
Game tools: This is the most helpful feature that stays on the screen if activated and allows you to tweak things like lock the back and recent buttons, take screen shots and start recording when playing the game.
See also: Samsung Galaxy S7 screen won’t turn on-How to fix it