Minecraft has been among the most popular games for years for many reasons. It is fun and engaging, the freedom you have when playing, the multiplayer feature, and many other things. The game usually works well, but what to do when Minecraft keeps crashing? We will list a few things you can do to put things into motion.
Minecraft keeps crashing – Ways to Fix It
These are a few things you can do if Minecraft keeps crashing:
- Start by restarting your PC, then launch the game and start again. A restart will close programs and processes running in the background that could be causing issues within the game.
- Remove the mod – if you installed a mod and the issue started right after that, it is probably the mod creating the issue. Sometimes, incorrect mod versions are why the game keeps crashing, and another reason could be an incompatibility between plugins and mods.
- Update the Graphics Card Drivers – ensure you have the latest graphics card drivers; if not, update them. You can do that by going to the official website of the manufacturer.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software – antivirus software could create issues, so you need to disable it before launching the game. See if this makes any difference.
- Update Java – ensure you have the latest version, as the outdated one could be why the game keeps crashing.
- Reinstall the game – the options we mentioned above are usually the ones that fix the issue. If you have tried them and nothing has changed, it would be best to reinstall the game.