If you are reading this, you are ending your free trial or have an active subscription. You may also want to stop Funimation from billing you. This article will guide you on how to cancel your Funimation subscription.
The Anime Republic of Funimation
Funimation is your one-stop shop for anime. Although arguable, it is the most visited and used site by anime fans. Eugene Fukunaga founded Funimation in the 1990s. His second name is of Japanese origin, showing that Funimation has roots there. This Japanese-ness should also explain why Funimation has the license to host many East Asian anime and films.
The platform serves anime fans in the US and Canada. However, other regions of the world can access it effortlessly using a VPN.
Upon signing up, Funimation allows users to enjoy a Premium or Premium Plus subscription for a free 14-day period. After that, Funimation automatically bills the payment method each month.
Subscriptions, Cancelations, and Funimation
A free Funimation account limits the user from accessing the entire Funimation library. For Premium, Premium Plus, or Ultra-Premium Plus users, the charges are $5.99/month, $7.99/month, and $99.99/year, respectively. With paid packages, you get ad-free content and can do your streaming business on two or more devices.
To cancel your Funimation subscription, follow these steps:
- On your modern browser, visit Funimation’s website.
If you are already logged in to Funimation, go to step number four to save some reading energy.
Assuming that you are not logged in:
- Click on the "Login" button next to the magnifying glass icon.
- Enter your email address and password on the ‘Login‘’ page. Then, click the red "Sign In" button. Funimation will open your account’s page.
- On the top-right corner, click on the purple icon with a white smile (the Funimation icon).
- Click on "My Account" on the small menu that shows. This will open the "My Account" page under the "Profile" tab.
- Click on the ‘Subscription’ tab’
- Then, click the down arrow next to the ‘ ’ option.
- Under the ‘Summary’ section, you will see the details of your current subscription plan.
- Whatever your subscription is, you should see a purple hyperlink labeled “Cancel” above the “Switch Plan” one” Click on it. Funimation will redirect you to the “Cancel Plan” page.
You will see a message about pricing, Premium Plus, and jeopardy on the page. This touches on some changes that Funimation made to the price of the Premium Plus package in 2019. This should not scare you at all.
- Click the red “Canc“l subscription” button. Upon clicking the button, Funimation will lead you to the “Cancel Survey” page. Albeit unnecessary, Funimation would appreciate it if you left feedback.
You can pick the reason why you canceled your subscription from the survey. It could be any of these (or not):
- Technical issues with the website
- The price/subscription fee is too expensive
- Not using the service enough
- Having subscribed to another service
- Finding out that the content you expected to be there isn’tisn’te
- Having difficulty finding what I need on the website
- Poor video quality
- Just taking a temporary leave
- My preferred viewing device is not supported
- Too many ads (oh, the interruption!)
- Patiently complete the rest of the survey and submit it by clicking on the red “Submit” button. That will be all.