Discord allows users to stay in touch with their friends in the easiest way possible. It is up to you to chat over video, voice, or text, it is up to you. While Discord is a favorite sport for gamers, it is also a choice for many who love simple and easy-to-use services. Among many useful features, Discord has screen share as well. It allows you to share your screen with another person, but what to do when Discord screen share is not working? We have some suggestions, so keep reading.
Discord screen share not working – Ways to fix it
If the screen share isn’t working, try the following:
- Restart your computer – this is the first thing you should try. The screen share issue could be a bug that can be resolved with a restart.
- Run Discord as administrator – the next thing to try is to run the app as an administrator. To do that, right-click on the app and select the option Run as administrator. You can do the same with the game you are playing.
- Disable “Use our latest technology option” – to turn it off, launch Discord, go to Settings > Voice & Video tab, and then toggle the Use our latest technology to capture your screen to disable it.
- Update graphic drivers or reinstall them
- If the game is in full-screen mode, the screen share won’t work, so switch to windowed mode.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration – launch Discord and go to Settings. Click on the Appearance tab and then turn off Hardware Acceleration.
- Remove Discord from your computer. Once you uninstall it, download and install it all over again.